Massage therapy is a manual technique where a physiotherapist uses their hands to manipulate, mobilize and massage soft-tissues and reduce pain.Some massages are more soothing while others are more intensive - all treating different needs and providing various benefits. Deep tissue massage applies deep pressure to specific trouble points using various traditional massage techniques: trigger point therapy, stretch therapy and soft-tissue instrument-assisted mobilization therapy (also known as Graston technique). Relaxation massage is a gentle massage where the therapist will move at a slower pace and use lighter pressure. The latter is more suitable for reducing mental stress and tension.
- Acute injuries (the first 72 hours)
- Acute heart, kidney or liver failure
- Too low or too high blood pressure
- Skin, infectious and thyroid diseases
- Third trimester of pregnancy